Thank you, thank you, and thank you…
Mich Café has won the Beirut Social Media Award for Best Lifestyle Blog.
Thank you to all those who voted for the blog, read it, come back and believe in it.Thank you also for all the messages I have been receiving on Twitter and Facebook.
And thank you also to all the judges.
I couldn’t make it to Beirut for the ceremony last night, but followed it on Twitter and celebrated with friends in Dubai.
|Celebrating in Dubai!|
Liliane, Samer, Figo, Kinan, Khaled, Kamal, Abderrahman, Bahaa, George, Mher and Maisa were there to cheer me on.
|Ambassador Tom Fletcher presents my award to Youssef Chaker|
Mich Cafe had also been nominated in the Blog of the Year category, which was won by my friend Najib Mitri for his BlogBaladi.
I think the biggest winner is Social Media in Lebanon, which is doing wonders for the community and the country. With better and faster Internet, it could do even more.
The Social Media Awards (SMA) allow the Lebanese online community to nominate, vote for and award bloggers, journalists, content creators, community managers, public figures, social media users and celebrities for their efforts in communication and online creation.
The SMA is the brainchild of the American University of Beirut’s Online Collaborative (AUBOC) in partnership with Beirut popular RAGMAG Magazine to honor individuals and organizations that demonstrated an exceptional presence in social media in Lebanon. (You can view the full list of nominees on RAGMAG's website.)
The SMAs can only get bigger and better.
Congratulations to the AUBOC team and to RAGMAG Magazine and I already look forward to next year’s second edition!
The Social Media Awards site said the total number of votes cast during the month was 100,947.
In the hope of winning an award, I had sent the SMA team the following video:
|Watching my video at the SMAs (Photo by Yasmine Hajjar)|
1. Best Business Blog: Wamda
2. Best Commercial District on Social Media: ABC
3. Best Start-up on Social Media: Tickle My Brain
4. Best Facebook Application: Novo
5. Best Facebook Campaign/Page: Lebanese Memes
6. Most Creative Instagram Account: LiveLoveBeirut
7. Most Engaging Diplomat/Politician on Twitter: Ziad Baroud
8. Best Lifestyle Blog: Mich Café
9. Best Food & Beverage Brand: Almaza
10. Best Pub/bar on Social Media: Feb30
11. Best NGO/Organization on Twitter: Donner Sang Compter
12. Best Design for a Social Media Campaign: Almaza
13. Best Fashion Brand on Social Media: Vero Moda ME
14. Best Food Blog: No Garlic No Onions
15. Best Fashion Blog: PlushBeirut
16. Most Engaging Person on Twitter: Anis Tabet
17. Best Technology Blog: Microsoftoholic
18. Most Engaging YouTube Channel: Cheyef 7alak
19. Most Engaging Media Personality on Twitter: Neshan
20. Best News Blog: Beirut Spring
21. Most Engaging YouTube Video: Beirut Duty Free Flash Mob
22. Best NGO/Community on Social Media: Lebanese Memes
23. Best Non-Arabic Vocal Artist: Anthony Touma
24. Best Restaurant, Café or Bakery on Social Media: Roadster Diner
25. Best Band on Social Media: Mashrou3 Leila
26. Best Personal Blog: Gino’s Blog
27. Best Hotel on Social Media: Phoenicia Hotel
28. Most Engaging Celebrity on Twitter: Haifa Wehbe
29. Best Media Personality on Social Media: Zaven
30. Best Business on Social Media: Roadster Diner
31. Best Integrated Campaign: Cheyef 7alak
32. Blog of the Year: BlogBaladi
33. Social Campaigning Magnet Award: Lana El Sahley’s L’Armoire De Lana
Beirut SMAs: Did you vote for Mich Café? – March 29, 2013
Mich Café up for 2 Social Media awards – April 12, 2013