Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

One tip for hair loss



The following is for informational purposes only and is not meant to serve as medical advice or intended to treat a condition or replace a consultation with your physician. It is only my personal experience.
Practically every other one I speak to, since arriving in Dubai in late 2006, suffers from hair loss.
Also, because of the heat during most of the year in the UAE, hair and nails grow much more rapidly, fingers swell so that your rings hardly fit again and you gain a shoe size.
More recently, I started washing my hair halfheartedly because I was losing large chunks. Combing it was the same story. And I have a lot of hair (touch wood).
My shower drain often got blocked because of this. I was telling my landlord about this a couple of months ago. He said his wife had suffered from the same thing, but he found her the solution: Zinc!
He said his wife’s hair stopped falling a couple of weeks after she started taking a zinc supplement.
I was due to buy my calcium tablets a few days later and got one supplemented by zinc to give my landlord’s recipe a try.
And miracle of miracles… After about 10 days, my hair stopped falling.
It is once again a pleasure to wash and comb my hair. I hardly lose a few.
Zinc is an essential mineral that is naturally present in some foods, added to others and available as a dietary supplement. It is needed for the proper growth and maintenance of the human body. It is needed for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid function, and much more.
A wide variety of foods contain zinc. Oysters contain more zinc per serving than any other food, but red meat and poultry provide the majority of zinc. Other good food sources include beans, nuts, certain seafood (such as crab and lobster), wholegrain, fortified breakfast cereals, and dairy products.
I am so happy with the result that I thought I would share it. It is easy, inexpensive and not dangerous, so maybe worth a try. But again, it is only my experience.
Let me know if it works for you.