Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcoming 2011 with a bang


I don't know what the New Year has in store for us, but it started with a bang at the stroke of mignight!

I remained faithful to the iconic Burj al-Arab, the picture of which used to make me dream of Dubai when I was still living in London. And it was on the nearby public beach that I welcomed 2011.


After a delicious fish dinner at Bu Qtair cafeteria with Paul, Karla, Rupert, Maher, Ahmad, Magnus, Crystal (who baked cupcakes for us) and Kamal, we walked down to the beach to watch the fireworks lighting up the sky all around the Burj. They lasted 15 minutes and each new series, with a different color scheme, was greeted by cheers and applause from thousands of revelers gathered on the beach.


It was a friendly and soothing celebration during which we even spotted a little monkey! A good omen perhaps???

I hope the next 365 days are as peaceful, enjoyable, invigorating and exciting.

(More of my amateur pictures here)